Thursday, February 2, 2012

Almost there...

They say this is the most crucial (presidential) election in our lifetime. Well, who are "they?" Why do we care what "they" think? Are "they" going to see to it, no matter the outcome of the election, that our country changes...fundamentally? The media...I don't know...and I don't care...

"What the hell are you talking about this time! Can't you write a post without bringing me into this?" Oh, hi Jack...once again, my alter-ego Jack Armstrong joins us for the festivities. Well, Jack, don't you think this is a pivotal election? Oh, so now you're going silent on me? All right, let me continue...

Case in point...this morning in a teeny-tiny blurb under "Our Region" in the local daily here, the Sacramento Bee..."Sierra Snowpack's Water Level Low, But Not Dire." Well, that's nice to know. I mean, since water content is at 37% of normal...and it's rained, like, two days in the last two months...sure, no problem...

Seriously, I just HAVE to wonder what the same "headlines" would be if our state (California) and our country had predominantly "anti-media" people in control (i.e. Republicans). Heck, in California, we are controlled, I mean CONTROLLED by the Democrats, both in the legislative branch, as well as the executive branch, AND even judicially (although our State Chief Justice Tani Cantil-Sakauye is definitely NOT a liberal...thank God)...

I can see it now, especially nationally, if the tables were turned, so to speak. The headlines which in my opinion have been "desperately" attempting to highlight the positives, so to speak...what would they look like should a Romney/Gingrich/Santorum/enter your choice of right wing wacko here, be in the oval office? Do you think there would be, like today for instance, a picture of Ben Bernanke (the Chairman of the Federal Reserve) with a caption touting the need "to avoid cutting too much spending so as not to hinder (our) recovery?"

What? Can you imagine if a Republican was in charge? The media would be "hammering" Mr. Bernanke (as our President would also be...had he not RE-APPOINTED him) that he, along with Bush, Greenspan, etc. were the ones who "got us into this mess." Similarly, can you imagine what the headlines would be if there wasn't an outlet (the Republican controlled House of Representatives) on which to blame our country's woes? I shutter to think...

"What the hell are you talking about now? You're not making any sense whatsoever!" Oh, Jack...you mean like every other media and political pundit in the country. Geez, you remind me of a college professor I had once...he gave me a "D" on a paper because my opinion was wrong. MY OPINION...which was, by the way, contrary to his opinion...however, my opinion was based on fact!!!

However, I DO know one thing for sure...this IS a critical election, November 2012...it WILL fundamentally change the entire direction the country is headed. The choices will be stark and abundantly clear...it's NOT a simple choice...but don't worry, we're almost there...

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]