Friday, November 12, 2010

So much smack...so little time...

As always, there is simply too much which requires comment and not enough time or space to document said comment. "What? What the hell are you talking about? I never know what your friggin' point is!!" Oh, hi Jack...good grammar by the way. That's right...you're a radio guy, so throw out rules of language...except when YOU want to enforce the rule.

I remember, on occasion, I've e-mailed Jack and Joe (of the, ehem, award winning syndicated Armstrong and Getty Radio Program) to offer comment. I know, it's a "radio" show, but I absolutely do not call in to these shows because I prefer not to have my comments taken out of context and subsequently dismissed by any of these "last word" hosts. Anyway, Armstrong and Getty have never responded or commented except for one time, Jack sent a "snarky" comment which must have taken him two seconds of thought (including hitting the "reply" button)...and yes, that, along with his nasally, high-pitched, whiny voice during diatribes has earned him "alter ego" status...but I digress...

But, you're right. I've thrown myself into this world and actually, I wouldn't have it any other way. I opt NOT to call into these shows because after all, it IS all about me, right? Well, actually, I believe I could go head to head with any of them...and I might someday...but at the moment, it's not to be, because I would want to hammer ALL sides...and that would take a lot of time, for sure. Since Air America left the airwaves, there's no ready place to go for far left revelry. Sure, it's ALL out there, but it's slim pickings for the liberal/progressive set (on radio anyway)...

Unfortunately, the right wingers are all over...even the "uber" right, like Michael Savage (yes, definitely a pseudonym for this syndicated radio host)...that's one guy I don't get. As smart as he is, you'd think he'd have some true interactive debate. However, he puts on these heavily edited single person "fake" calls and then when he DOES take an actual call, especially one from a listener with views contrary to his, he ends up screaming and hanging up...and then his "nation" calls in and says, "way to go, Michael." Way to go, what, would be my question? I can hang up on callers...

All right...so there's another purpose for this blog. Calling out both sides of the national media, both broadcast and print...AND infiltrate the fifth estate, via internet as well as radio and television. Of course, we can't forget stand-up...another area begging for astute political satire...not the usual, "oh, hey, Bush is stupid," or "man, that Pelosi sure is ugly." I mean, real humor...actual satire...what passes for satire today is nothing but mean spirited partisanship.

So, where do we go from here...now that all other children are growing up...sorry, Alan Parsons reference (to the Alan Parsons Project, a 1970-80's British progressive rock band). Alas, we are still a long way off and not much time to get there. But I will continue with the "smack talk," and being just a tad irreverent. Still...I don't care...what you do...I wouldn't want to be like you...hey, a second Alan Parsons reference...good one...

Comments:
I can't believe nobody leaves comments...oh well, if it sucks, it sucks...
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]