Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I was wr...I was wro...I was...wr, wro....

Okay, okay, I failed to call the Massachusetts Senate race...so now the Republicans are all gleeful about their 41st vote...well, at least my errant call (again!) might elevate me in punditry to Dick Morris or Newt Gingrich...do those guys ever make the right call?

Of course, the White House is scrambling...scrambling to look disaffected (ho-hum)...but I suppose they can rest their hat on the country's continued vitriol pointed in the direction of the (trumpet sound please) Bush/Cheney administration...

Sure, as Eugene Robinson of the Washington Post, said in his column today, Obama is failing to win the "message war," i.e. the Tea Party folks and other angry Republicans are making the most noise and Obama has had so many tough decisions (because of the...again, trumpet sound please...Bush/Cheney administration), he hasn't been able to "motivate" his liberal base...

But wait, it doesn't stop there...I mean, according to Robinson, administration spokespeople, and other (NBC) political pundits, the tried and true message that "we inherited these problems," needs to be highlighted...

Even funnier, the lead spokesperson for this viewpoint is none other than Bill Clinton himself. I mean, it's bad enough that (Martha) Coakley and (Scott) Brown were in a virtual dead heat before Bill...and later the President himself...made sojourns into Massachusetts...and afterward, the polls reflected a double digit Brown lead prior to the election (Brown won by 4-5 percent)...

Maybe President Obama should hire me to be his new press secretary ...is there anyone quite as lame as Robert Gibbs? The first thing I would do is, much like the "War on Terror," immediately insist my administration STOP with the "last eight years," or "Bush/Cheney," or "inherited problem," crap...take it OUT of their playbook...

Was Bush to blame? Hell yes! However, the Democrats in congress (assisted by the duplicitous lobbyist-loving Republicans) and most certainly the Clinton Administration were EQUALLY culpable...every time I hear Bill snivel and whine that he "had nothing to do with these (current) financial problems," well, disingenuous is the kindest word that pops to mind...

So what happens now? Does the House pass the Senate version (unamended) in order to avoid potential filibuster? Do Senate Democrats circle the wagons and "lobby" (read: bribe) one of the formerly wavering Republicans, including (I hear) Brown himself. Do they go the reconciliation route (I would explain the term, but I'm not sure I understand it)?

I don't know...HOWEVER, what I DO know is that the Republicans WILL be blamed if there is no health care reform...and YES, they will eee-ventually pay for it at the ballot box...therefore, they MUST come up with a comprehensive plan...I know, I know, I'm wr...I'm wro...I'm wr, wro, so often, I should probably go to work for Fox News...

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]