Thursday, July 30, 2009

I'm having a heatwave!!!!

I feel like Charles Kuralt...coming to you from the great northwest...you know, "on the road," Charles Kuralt...you know, CBS news Charles Kuralt...not Willie Nelson "on the road,"...oh, never mind...

I followed my daughter's softball team up here to beautiful Mt. Vernon, WA...well, actually Burlington, WA...er, I mean, Sedro Woolley, WA...no, not Hooterville...or Mt. Pilot...not even Pixley...ah, never mind...

Good news, right? Leave the scorching 100 plus temperatures in Scabraghetto (Sacramento). So what if it rains a little up here, right? Well, in case you hadn't heard, SEATTLE WAS 103 degrees yesterday!! But that's not what I'm really burned about...

My daughter plays for an ASA team from West Sacramento, the Mizuno All-American 14 U team. She opted for ASA because she was tired of girls who didn't care...and of parent/coaches (especially THIS parent...can't blame her, I wasn't much of a coach)...she wanted to be ready for (and play) varsity softball in high school...and SHE DID!!

She played (and STARTED) for her high school varsity team...but because she's still so new to competitive softball, she wanted to stay in 14U for one more year (needless to say, she's NOT the youngest one on her current team)...so here we are in Washington...and she's sitting on the bench...why? Two words...DADDY BALL...

Yeah, yeah, right...I'm just an angry parent with a sub-par ball playing child, right? No, that's not it. The other girls are just better than her, right? No, that's DEFINITELY not it. But, but, but, the coaches wouldn't bring the girls all the way up here to (just) showcase their daughters, would they? Welcome to the WORLD OF DADDY BALL!!!

Bitter? Yeah, a little...sorry we came? No, we have a vacation place up here and plan to move here during (later) retirement...THEN WHAT'S THE FRIGGIN' PROBLEM? Well, what the HELL DO YOU THINK THIS BLOG IS ALL ABOUT? I'm a friggin' MediaCopp...I point out hypocrisy when it roars its ugly head...and on this team, there are three ugly heads (coaches)...

Don't worry...she's a great kid...MY DAUGHTER IS THE BEST!!! I'm ready to pack and GO. On the other hand, my daughter wants to stay so as "not to let down my teammates." Not only that, but she had an RBI in the first game...even though she's getting minimal (AND SPORADIC) playing time...as a matter of "friggin' fact," she's the only one who has been able thus far to hit one out to the fence...

And she could do it again...many times...BUT NOOOOO! That's not part of daddy ball. It's like deja vu all over again...seems my own athletic career was full of subjective/hypocritical coaches (i.e. daddies)...and I wasn't really good enough to "pay back" these naysayers...but, my daughter WILL make them pay....gooooooood day! Oh wait, that's Paul Harvey...

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]