Friday, February 13, 2009

Doh!! Friday (the 13th) already?

Whoa...sorry I missed you yesterday (Thursday)...being Lincoln's birthday and all, we had the day off work here in Scab-ramento County...therefore, I begin anew.

I had planned on writing about the Fairness Doctrine...or about my obsession with the media (after flipping between CNN and ESPN during my Tuesday/Thursday morning workouts at the 24 Hour Fitness center in my neighborhood)...or even about the State Budget (again?) here in California...

But I've been getting requests to shorten these things (posts)...a very good point...I have many, MANY opinions and shorter, quicker, more timely posts might increase readership (what? from two to three?)...

Still, here's the point...I'M IN THIS FOR THE LONG HAUL...yes, there will come a time when I will take stock of this whole venture and fine tune it...I will add and subtract...and modify and amend...and bolster and enhance...okay, put Roget away...

I WILL pen an "author's bio." I will advertise and promote. I'll sell my soul (well, my pseudo soul) if I have to...but, you get the point...I heard a discussion on the Scott Van Pelt radio show (ESPN) yesterday...it was about bloggers and their (our) "right" to print opinion just because we have a computer...

Van Pelt was speaking with a well read (and successful) blogger (I believe his name is Chris Mottram) from the Sporting News...and they were talking about a previous interview on the show which featured Mitch Albom, a sportswriter with the Detroit Free Press (also, from "Tuesdays with Morrie" fame)...

Albom's point during the interview in essence was that he held a Master's Degree in Journalism from Columbia University, had trained, written and traveled extensively plying his craft, and to paraphrase, "had paid his dues" to get where he was...bloggers on the other hand, apparently need (just) fingers and a computer...

Oh well, I've been called worse...on MY BEST days...but I WILL, I promise, attempt to make this endeavor more relevant with each passing day...stay tuned if you would like to be on the ground floor of MediaCopp in the 21st Century...I guarantee it'll be worth it...

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]