Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I love Barack Obama

Call me an Oba-maniac...or even an Obamunist (don't say it like it's a bad thing...), but folks, I love Barack Obama...I'm sending out this post a day early because of the Thanksgiving holiday and, I just want to say, we have much, MUCH to be thankful for this year...

I am especially pleased that our President-elect, while campaigning vigorously on the "issue" of change, has seen the light and surrounded himself for the most part with former Clintonistas and even Bob Rubin of Citigroup fame (Enron, can you hear me?)...but more on that later...

Lest you think I'm jesting, let me be perfectly frank...I am NOT opposed to his rollback to the 90's and the "shiny, happy, head-in-the-sand, headlines," courtesy of the duplicitous, deceitful media...and I truly don't believe there will be another crash (like the one we're experiencing now) several years hence for which another Republican administration will be forced to take the blame. No, that would be bad karma...

What I will say, however, is that...after reading excerpts of Obama's interview on ABC News to be broadcast later today, I am absolutely, 100% in support of our President-elect. My God, who wouldn't be? He says "everything I've wanted to hear from a leader since I don't know when." Plus, even though it's what EVERY politician basically says, I believe he'll be able to get a ton of stuff done.

Why? Well, granted, every politician promises the moon (another pledge to slash federal spending?) and then, through gridlock, or even outright deceit, or (trumpet sound please), "polling" data, the tone soon changes. BUT NOT OBAMA!! Why will he succeed?

Again, the duplicitous media...they will "gobble up" (get it? Thanksgiving joke) everything. It'll be even better than the Clinton years. Number #1, the media loves most things that expand government (except the military...but more on that later)...number #2, the media is all about fairness (even though it's "their" idea of fairness)...and last but certainly not least, the media does not want to be labeled "racist." Even though one isn't...for opposing one or more of Obama's ideas, the media is all about perception (and emotion)...and well, like it or not, that my friends (apologies to John McCain), is reality...

But the MAIN reason I love Obama and believe he'll get a "ton of stuff done," is that it is FAR easier to obstruct and/or sabotage than facilitate or support...what do I mean? As I've ALWAYS said, Democrats (especially ideologues) would rather be "right" than rich and Republicans for the most part (and I pray this is still true) would rather be rich than "right." The Democrats, in my opinion would do ANYTHING, ANYTHING, to make sure Bush was wrong...yes, even to the detriment of their (and our) wallets...

Okay, I don't have a problem with that...(well, I do actually, but what's done is done)...I am going to take a page from the (majority of) Republican's playbook(s) and be abso-tively supportive of our new President. I don' t care if he turns out to "actually be" the messiah, I just want my ever-dwindling portfolio to stop the bleeding...and if it takes me saying it, doing it, supporting it, then I will...YES, I love Barack Obama!!!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]